Police have serious concerns for two women and two young boys missing after a house burned down in an alleged domestic violence incident in Ootha near Condobolin, NSW. Picture: Channel 7
Police have serious concerns for two women and two young boys missing after a house burned down in an alleged domestic violence incident in Ootha near Condobolin, NSW. Picture: Channel 7

Women and boys believed abducted

UPDATE: A STATEWIDE manhunt is under way to find two men who are believed to have abducted a family and left a man for dead.

It is understood a mother and her two young sons were visiting the boys' grandmother while on school holidays when they disappeared from the property which had been set alight early this morning in NSW's central west, Nine News reported.

The house went up in flames at 5am but it was hours before emergency services were called to the property at 11am.

A 68-year-old man was found "a short distance" from the country residence with a 15cm cut to his head after being reportedly hit with the barrel of a shotgun and left to bleed for hours, according to police.

It has been reported police are hunting the man's estranged son-in-law and a friend.

The man reported the family missing after he regained consciousness, telling police the men, armed with a shotgun, knife and an axe, stormed the home in Ootha, near Condobolin early that morning.

Police said when he woke the home had been destroyed by fire and he couldn't find the other occupants - two women, aged 71 and 41 and two boys, aged 11 and 14.

A police operation is under way to find the women and boys and police hold grave concerns for their welfare.

Detectives are also searching for the two men who they believe may be travelling to the Hunter Region or the Central Coast in a 1998 green Toyota 4WD.

The car has NSW registration CD98XE and was seen at the property.

The 68-year-old man has been flown to Orange Base Hospital in a critical condition.

Police told media they were called to the home at 11am to find it already well alight.

Firefighters fought the blaze before officers found the man with injuries nearby.

Police said they were still trying to ascertain if anyone was in the house.

"There is a vehicle of interest, a Green troop type carrier vehicle which we believe may be connected with this matter," Inspector David Cooper said.

"There's currently a keep a look out for this vehicle across the state and we're hoping the occupants of that vehicle may be able to assist us with our inquiries."

Police are urging the public not to approach the duo if they see them.

 

EARLIER: DETECTIVES are searching for two women and two boys after a house was destroyed by fire in an alleged domestic-related incident in NSW's central west.

Two men armed with a shotgun, knife and an axe went to a home in Ootha, near Condobolin, about 5am on Tuesday and assaulted a 68-year-old male occupant and knocked him unconscious in a domestic-related incident, police said.

Police say when the man regained consciousness, the home had been destroyed by fire and the 68-year-old couldn't find the other occupants - two women, aged 71 and 41 and two boys, aged 11 and 14.

A police operation is under way to find the women and boys with officers holding "serious concerns" for their welfare, police said.

Detectives are also searching for the two men who they believe may be travelling to the Hunter Region or the Central Coast in a 1998 green Toyota four-wheel drive.

The 68-year-old man has been airlifted to Orange Base Hospital in a critical condition.

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.

Do not report crime via NSW Police social media pages.